2017 SIG Lite Bundle
The SIG Lite is generally used for third party service providers (the “assessees”) who offer lower risk services, but can also be used as a starting point to conduct an initial assessment of all service providers. Because it is a compilation of all of the high level questions from the detail tabs of the full SIG, the SIG Lite allows a user to get an initial assessment of the service provider’s risk controls. Users have the ability to follow up with the full SIG if additional details about risk controls are required. The Standardized Information Gathering (SIG) questionnaire is developed using top-level questions followed by additional detailed sub-questions that can be used when appropriate. This allows the user of the SIG to obtain detailed information about certain risk control areas. However, there are many occasions where a “high level” assessment of a particular risk control area is sufficient.
The 2017 SIG Lite also exists as a tab in the full SIG. So, if you think that you may need to use both the SIG Lite and the full SIG due to the breadth of your vendor types, then you should obtain the full SIG. When used as part of the full SIG (as an initial means of gathering information) responses provided on the Lite tab are then transferred to the corresponding question on the detail tabs. This avoids the necessity of copying answers from the Lite tab to the detail tabs if it is determined that greater detail (a full SIG response) is required.
The 2017 SIG Lite Bundle includes the 2017 SIG Lite, the 2017 SIG Lite Management Tool, SIG Lite Overview and SIG How To Guide
Become a Shared Assessments Program Member
Shared Assessments members are national and international organizations of all sizes that understand the importance of comprehensive standards for managing third party risk. They include financial institutions, healthcare organizations, energy/utility, retailers and telecommunications companies.
They are service providers of all sizes, consulting companies, and assessment firms. They are the best in their class, members of a global community of vendor risk management professionals who understand the value of implementing efficient and effective industry-standard practices.
- Free access to the Shared Assessments Program Tools.
- Working on one of the Program’s Standing Committees (SIG, AUP or VRMMM) to continue to refine the Program’s Tools. Member input is what keeps the Shared Assessments Program Tools on the leading edge of third party risk assurance issues.
- Participate in Special Projects and Interest Groups. Join your peers to identify, discuss and address the issues you (and your management) feel are top priorities for resolution.
- Participants in Shared Assessments committees, projects and special interest groups earn CPE credits while demonstrating risk management and compliance leadership.
- Join the monthly Member Forum and other special interest calls. Listen to key industry and regulatory thought leaders presenting on the latest developments in vendor risk management and regulatory compliance.
- Access to third party risk management training and education, white papers, project documents, and case studies.
- Discounts on registration for Shared Assessments events and educational workshops.
Reminder: If you have already purchased the Shared Assessments Tools, become a Shared Assessments Program member and reduce your annual dues by the total amount of your purchase, if done so within 6 months of your Program Tool Purchase.